Click on the underlined words to find the answer to each question. Use the Back button to return to this page. Record the answers on your handout.
1. When was the first Earth Day?
2. What is the definition of environment?
3. What are 3 ways you can save energy on Earth Day or any day?
4. What does recycle mean?
5. What are 4 things that we can safely recycle?
6. How long does it take plastic and aluminum cans to break down?
7. Here are some interesting facts about our earth and environment. Write down two facts that you think are important to remember.
8. What is a habitat?
9. There are many things you can do to help our planet. Write down 2 from this list that you will try to do.
If you finish your questions, try these Earth Day games and activities:
Trash Troopers - pick up trash and help protect a frog's habitat
Fishing Frenzy - help the Great Blue Heron catch as many fish as possible
EarthDay Games - a variety of games from FunSchool
EcoKids Online - check out this great environment site just for kids
Earth Day Poem - check out these examples, then write your very own earth day poem
print-friendly version of the above questions is available