Click on hyperlinked standards to see suggested
activities. These activities are just suggestions, and there are
many other ways to cover them. Usually it's possible to cover
several standards with just one activity.
- T2 Process Information/Ethical and
Real World Use
- T3 Use/Present Information/Ethical
and Real World Use
- T4 Access
- T4.1 Identify basic components of a computer and
peripheral devices and how the function
- T4.2 Demonstrate appropriate basic care of computers and
- T4.3 Use proper ergonomic guidelines
- T4.4 Locate information using the Internet
- T4.5 Navigate within an operating system or software
- T4.6 Locate resources for troubleshooting
- T5 Process
- T5.1 Use proper keyboarding with speed and accuracy
relative to the task.
- T5.1.1 Use proper ergonomics:
furniture, monitor height, keyboard position, mouse.
- T5.1.2 Understand proper body
position, posture, wrist/elbow placement.
- T5.1.3 Use left and right hands
correctly to locate and use letter and number keys.
- T5.1.4 Use spacebar, shift, enter,
arrow keys, caps lock, escape, tab, delete and
- T5.2 Evaluate information using electronic references
- T5.5 Use problems solving techniques to troubleshoot
- T5.6 Enter and edit word processing information
- T5.6.1 Use pull down menu items including but not
- T188.8.131.52 File (New, Open,
Close, Save, Save As, Save All, etc.)
- T184.108.40.206 View (Normal Outline,
Page Layout, etc.)
- T220.127.116.11 Edit (Undo, Repeat,
Cut, Copy, Paste, Paste Special, Clear, Select All,
- T18.104.22.168 Insert (Break, Page
numbers, Annotation, Date and Time, Field, etc.)
- T22.214.171.124 Format (Font,
Paragraph, Borders and Shading, Columns, Change Case,
- T126.96.36.199 Tools (Spelling, Grammar, Thesaurus,
Hyphenation, Language, etc.)
- T5.6.2 Create and edit various
types of documents (e.g., portfolio piece, technical
- T6 Use or Present
- T6.4 Use a Word Processor to present information.
- T6.4.1 Use wizards to present
- T6.4.2 Design various uses for word processing:
business plan, report, outline, summaries.
- T6.4.3 Properly use tab, formatting, titles and
subtitles, spacing and page layout
- T6.4.4 Write documents to help with oral presentations
(e.g., notes, handouts, multimedia)
- T6.4.5 Write portfolio pieces
Questions or comments about this page? Please
e-mail Amy Johns